Make & Keep Your Workplace Safe & Healthy
Managers, Supervisors, HSRs, Health & Safety Committees, and all employees have a role to play in helping to make and keep their workplace safe and healthy.
Section 19 of the WHS Act sets out key areas and actions that must be addressed to ensure as far as reasonably practicable the health and safety of all workers and others in your workplace.
It requires the provision and maintenance of:
1) a safe work environment,
2) a safe plant and structures,
3) safe systems of work
4) safe use, handling, and storage of plant, structures and substances
5) the provision of access to adequate facilities for the welfare at work
of workers carrying out work for the business or undertaking
6) the provision of any information, training, instruction or supervision that is necessary to protect all persons from risks to their health and safety arising
from work carried out
7) the monitoring of the health of workers and the conditions at the workplace
for the purpose of preventing illness or injury of workers arising from the
conduct of the business or undertaking.
Everyone in your workplace has the ability to do something about the above numbered items by reporting about incidents or unhandled risks, or initiating, implementing, contributing to or proposing actions that will make or keep your workplace safe and healthy. Risks must be eliminated or minimised so far as is reasonably practicable.
This publication provides general information about WHS.
It is not legal opinion and does not represent a comprehensive
statement of the law to be applied to a particular problem
November - December 2021
Brought to you by Courtenell Pty Ltd, Work Health & Safety Training Specialists.
ABN 42164393628 ~ Email : email@example.com ~
Website : www.courtenell.com.au Phone : 02 9552 2066 ~
If you need any more information, you can contact us by phone or email.