Courtenell Pty Ltd
as Trustee for the Vowles Family Trust
WHS Training Specialists, Sydney, Australia
firstname.lastname@example.org ~ PO Box 622 Broadway NSW 2007
ABN: 42164393628 ~ ACN: 050109281
This publication provides general information about WHS. It is not a legal opinion and does not
represent a comprehensive statement of the law to be applied to a particular problem.
Brought to you by Courtenell Pty Ltd, Work Health & Safety Training Specialists.
ABN 42164393628 ~ Fax : 02 9516 3644 ~ Email : email@example.com ~ Website : www.courtenell.com.au
Phone : 02 9516 1499 ~ If you need any more information, you can contact us by phone, email or by fax anytime.
Effective consultation is mandatory under the WHS Act. You may find this checklist helpful. It is based on the WHS Consultation, Co-operation and Co-ordination Code of Practice.
● ask questions about health and safety?
● raise concerns and report problems?
● make safety recommendations?
● be part of the problem solving process?
Are workers encouraged to:
● are workers given relevant work health & safety information?
● are workers given a reasonable opportunity to express their views and to raise health or safety issues?
● are workers given a reasonable opportunity to contribute to the decision-making process relating to the health & safety matter?
● are the views of workers taken into account?
● are workers advised of the outcome of any consultation in a timely manner?
In your workplace is consultation a 2 way process between the PCBU* and workers where they:
● talk to each other about health and safety matters?
● listen to concerns and raise their concerns?
● seek and share views and information?
1. Person Conducting a Business or Undertaking
‘Your Safety Matters’ Newsletter